Team Lead – Caseworker
KGM is currently searching for a Caseworker Team Lead to join our rapidly growing team. This position will be the bridge between residents and our community partners. The Team Lead will provide leadership in the day to day operations in accordance with the KGM Vision. The successful candidate will observe, plan, implement and execute programs and activities that promote and encourage learning and development in daily living, social and life skills. This will include providing comprehensive assessments, care planning and treatment coordination for designated residents.
- Develops and implements case management of assigned residents;
- Assists residents in establishing a flexible plan with attainable goals, monitor the progress, and prepares discharge plan;
- Ensure case management documentation and program information are maintained in an accurate and confidential manner;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current theories, technologies, legislation and practices in the area of Intensive Case Management and mental health
- Coordinates and facilitates training for team in wrap around services and trauma informed care
- Demonstrated knowledge of the characteristics and issues involved in the care of people with serious addictions and substance use, mental illness and aggressive behaviours
- Monitors the environment and residents to ensure safety and security; completes regular resident status checks and room searches as required
- Coordinate and participate in developing programs and procedure related to the needs of the residents
- Work with community partners to assist residents
- Oversee and facilitate training of practicum students
- Maintain accurate logs and compile statistical records to support program needs and inform ongoing program development and evaluation;
- Model KGM values of Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Grace-led, & Transformation;
- Maintain an excellent relationship with all residents, volunteers, and employees by building bridges of friendship wherever possible while being observant of the Policy and Procedures of KGM;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A Master in Social Work is required
- Minimum 2-year experience of prior related experience of frontline casework is an asset
- Minimum 1-year experience of prior related experience in a leadership role is an asset
- Specialized training and certification in mental health, addiction, counselling or trauma is an asset
- Knowledge of HMIS/HIFIS software or other information management system experience is an asset
- Experience in Vulnerability Assessment Tool (VAT)/SPDAT or other assessment tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Ability to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Valid drivers license and clean driving abstract
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Naloxone training, and Crisis Prevention and Intervention is considered an asset
- This position is dependent on a Criminal Records Check (Vulnerable Sector).
This full-time position that offers the right candidate the opportunity to shape a better tomorrow through the love of Jesus. KGM offers a competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits. If you would like to assist in shaping a culture that exudes love to each and all seize this opportunity today and apply!
"*" indicates required fields