Thank you for your attentiveness to our cause! Our staff are fundamental to our ministry, and play an integral role in leading the homeless to wholeness.
About Kelowna’s Gospel Mission
Demonstrating the love of Christ, Kelowna’s Gospel Mission feeds the hungry, shelters the homeless and helps the hurting. We provide assistance to all. We minister to the whole person, spirit, soul and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. We are all about leading people into wholeness through a faith-based continuum of care.
Our Frontline Workers are core to the ministry of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission as they work hands-on with our guests.
Reporting to the Frontline Supervisors, the primary purpose of this position is to provide a safe and secure environment for the homeless in Kelowna and those at risk of homelessness. The Frontline Worker helps to keep order and identify those who need assistance in such areas as: Spiritual life, mental health; drug & alcohol addiction and emotional problems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Compassion and outgoing
- Ability to work well with volunteers and provide direction
- High degree of comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver Biblically based devotionals before meals
- Excellent judgement and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer services aptitude
- Proficiency in Windows environment, including database and word processing applications.
The applicant must be in support of the Mission, Vision, and Values of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (www.kelownagospelmission.ca).
How to Apply
Come join a great organization! We welcome your cover letter and résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org.