Thank you for your attentiveness to our cause! Our staff are fundamental to our ministry, and play an integral role in leading the homeless to wholeness.
Thursday’s, Friday’s & Saturday’s
About Kelowna’s Gospel Mission
Demonstrating the love of Christ, Kelowna’s Gospel Mission feeds the hungry, shelters the homeless and helps the hurting. We provide assistance to all. We minister to the whole person, spirit, soul and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. We are all about leading people into wholeness through a faith-based continuum of care.
Providing meals is an essential ministry at Kelowna’s Gospel Mission as we seek to provide a safe, healthy and attractive environment for both our guests and staff. The hours of this position is 9:00 am – 6:30 pm Thursday, Friday and Saturdays and occasional events.
The Cooking Coordinator, under the guidance of the Kitchen Manager, will work to ensure the kitchen service is an inviting and safe environment for staff, volunteers, and clients. The Cooking Coordinator is responsible for preparing food for people experiencing homelessness and poverty in Kelowna.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- A hard worker with proven experience working with teams and volunteers
- Efficient cook with excellent delegating skills.
- A Cheerful and welcoming disposition
- Physically able to lift and move heavy objects.
- Knowledge of issues surrounding homelessness.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Preference will be given to those with knowledge of cooking in large portions.
- Food safe level one and the willingness to take food safe level two.
- Valid Drivers licence and willingness to pick up and deliver food items at times
The applicant must be in support of the Mission, Vision, and Values of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (www.kelownagospelmission.ca).
How to Apply
Come join a great organization! We provide support for professional development and benefits. We welcome your cover letter and résumé at email@example.com.