Thank you for your attentiveness to our cause! Our staff are fundamental to our ministry and play an integral role in leading people experiencing homelessness to wholeness.
About Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (www.kelownagospelmission.ca).
Demonstrating the love of Jesus, Kelowna’s Gospel Mission feeds the hungry, shelters the homeless and helps the hurting. We provide assistance to all, minister to the whole person, spirit, soul and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. We are all about leading people into wholeness through a faith-based continuum of care.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide a safe and secure environment for the homeless and those at risk of homelessness. The Frontline Worker helps to keep order and identify those who need assistance including drug, alcohol, and emotional problems.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- model Jesus in word and deed.
- maintain an excellent relationship with all guests, residents and clients and build bridges of friendship wherever possible within the Policy and Procedures of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission.
- maintain an excellent relationship with all guests, residents, volunteers and clients as laid out within the code of conduct of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission.
- help keep order; identify and report any unusual behaviour or other incidents that occur.
- maintain accurate records and all details required by B.C. Housing and Kelowna’s Gospel Mission.
- work closely and co-operate with the KGM Addictions Care Initiative including OPS
- maintain a neat, clean and safe environment, inside and out, of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission, according to all health and safety guidelines.
- ensure that all frontline staff checklists are complete, including clipboards, spreadsheets.
- stay updated and be aware of all Policies and Procedures of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission including Health & Safety, Violence, Bullying, Gossip, and Workplace Harassment.
The applicant must be in agreement with Kelowna’s Gospel Mission Statement of Faith and be supportive and passionate about the Mission, Vision, and Values of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission
Experience dealing with people who are homeless and at risk of homelessness is desired. Experience with basic report writing and data entry, Word and Outlook required. Previous experience working overnight preferred. Previous experience working 4-on 4-off preferred. Drug and alcohol addictions support experience is a strong asset.
Pandemic Requirement: Successful candidate must provide proof of double vaccination and be able to wear a mask for long periods of time (not a face shield).
How to Apply
We welcome your cover letter and résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: November 10th 2021