Thank you for your attentiveness to our cause! Our staff are fundamental to our ministry, and play an integral role in leading the homeless to wholeness.
About Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (www.kelownagospelmission.ca).
Demonstrating the love of Jesus, Kelowna’s Gospel Mission feeds the hungry, shelters the homeless and helps the hurting. We provide assistance to all, minister to the whole person, spirit, soul and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. We are all about leading people into wholeness through a faith-based continuum of care.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide a safe and secure environment for people experiencing homelessness and those at risk of homelessness. The Frontline Worker helps to keep order and identify those who need assistance including drug, alcohol, and emotional problems.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Model Jesus in word and deed.
- Maintain excellent relationships with all guests, residents and clients; building bridges of friendship wherever possible within the Policy and Procedures of KGM
- Help keep order; identify and report any unusual behaviour or other incidents that occur.
- Maintain accurate records and all details required by B.C. Housing and KGM
- Communicate respectfully with everyone.
- Maintain a neat, clean and safe environment both inside and out of the shelter, maintaining compliance with all health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure that frontline staff checklists are complete, including clipboards, spreadsheets.
- Be aware of and stay updated with all KGM Policies and including Health & Safety, Violence, Bullying, Gossip, Sexual and Workplace Harassment.
The applicant must agree with Kelowna’s Gospel Mission Statement of Faith and be supportive and passionate about the Mission, Vision, and Values of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission
Experience dealing with people who are homeless and at risk of homelessness is desired. Awareness and familiarity with various aspects of drug and alcohol addiction is an asset. Basic familiarity with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office products is required. The ability to write a clear, concise and comprehensive short report is required.
How to Apply
We welcome your cover letter and résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: May 12th 2021