Thank you for your attentiveness to our cause! Our staff are fundamental to our ministry, and play an integral role in leading the homeless to wholeness.
About Kelowna’s Gospel Mission
Demonstrating the love of Jesus, Kelowna’s Gospel Mission feeds the hungry, shelters the homeless and helps the hurting. We minister to the whole person, spirit, soul and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. We are all about leading people into wholeness through a faith-based continuum of care.
We are hiring both Full-time and Causal Frontline Workers to run a temporary Winter Shelter.
The shelter will be operating 24/7 and we will be filling shifts for all hours. Training will be provided.
Reporting to the Shelter Manager, the primary purpose of this position is to provide a safe and secure environment for the homeless in Kelowna. The Frontline Worker helps to keep order and identify those who need assistance in such areas as: Physical needs, spiritual life, mental & emotional health; drug & alcohol addiction.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- A loving attitude
- Adapts well to training
- Compassion and outgoing
- Excellent judgement and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to apply crisis prevention & intervention techniques
- Ability to work well within a team in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work well with volunteers and provide direction
- High degree of comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong ability to maintain healthy, professional boundaries with those we serve
- Valid First Aid Level 1
The applicant must be in support of the Mission, Vision, and Values of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (www.kelownagospelmission.ca).
How to Apply
Come join a great organization! We welcome your cover letter and résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org.