Thank you for your attentiveness to our cause! Our staff are fundamental to our ministry and play an integral role in leading people experiencing homelessness to wholeness.
Come join our team and help shape a better tomorrow Our dual Thrift Store enterprise is looking for a full time SALES ASSOCIATE. Customer service, willingness to work hard, and pleasant communication are key components.
For over 40 years Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (KGM) has been providing food, clothing, and shelter to the most fragile and at-risk persons in our community. We are a faith based, values driven organization looking to hire committed caring people who want to make a difference.
Full Time SALES ASSOCIATE
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Store Manager in the operation of the KGM Thrift Store.
Represent the Mission to the public in a positive and servant-like attitude. Ability to supervise volunteers: understand the role of volunteers in the Store, be able to give support, instruction and direction including orientation of new volunteers, ongoing training, supervision, creating and managing volunteer schedules. Cashier duties: greet customers as they enter and inform them of any sales, handle all types of cash/debit/credit transactions, efficiently wrap/bag purchases, be polite and helpful to customers, cash out at the end of each day.
Must be physically capable of heavy lifting in a safe manner. Specifically, must be able to lift heavy items including moving of furniture and appliances i.e. 10 – 50 lbs multiple times a day, and heavier items regularly with the aid of dollies and help from other staff.
Work as a team player, be willing to help co-workers in every situation. reliable and committed, organized, self-motivated, flexible, able to multi-task, able to politely deal with stressful individuals, anticipating and recognizing ‘what needs to be done’ and making it happen
Conditions & Exposure to risk
- The incumbent’s work environment is primary inside either of our two facilities, located in Rutland and West Kelowna. The incumbent will work under the following disagreeable conditions: hot and cold / long hours of standing and walking / pressure situations / isolation / work schedule affecting lifestyle
- Walk-in clientele might include marginalized, disparaged, and at-risk individuals
Required Education & Experience
- All around knowledge and experience in customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment and record keeping
- Grade 12 education;
- minimum of one-year previous experience in sales, retail or customer service
The applicant must be in support of the Mission, Vision, and Values of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (www.kelownagospelmission.ca).
The successful candidate is required to be fully COVID vaccinated
How to Apply
Come join a great organization! We welcome your cover letter and résumé at email@example.com