Thank you for your attentiveness to our cause! Our staff are fundamental to our ministry, and play an integral role in leading the homeless to wholeness.
Temporary Part-time – Emergency Winter Shelter – 550 Doyle Ave.
(6 hour days, 4 days on four days off)
Temporary position ending March 31st with possibility of it being extended
About Kelowna’s Gospel Mission
Demonstrating the love of Christ, Kelowna’s Gospel Mission feeds the hungry, shelters the homeless and helps the hurting. We provide assistance to all. We minister to the whole person, spirit, soul and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. We are all about leading people into wholeness through a faith-based continuum of care.
Maintenance/Janitorial is an essential ministry at Kelowna’s Gospel Mission as we seek to provide a clean, safe, efficient and attractive environment for both our guests and staff. The hours of this position is 9:00 am – 3:00 pm four days on and four days off.
Reporting to the Manager of the Winter Shelter, the primary purpose of this position is to oversee the maintenance/ janitorial and repair of both the inside and outside of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission’s Emergency Winter Shelter.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work well with volunteers and provide direction
- High degree of comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently
- All around knowledge and experience in property maintenance.
- Proficiency in janitorial services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment and record keeping
- Valid drivers licence required
The applicant must be in support of the Mission, Vision, and Values of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (www.kelownagospelmission.ca).