Thank you for your attentiveness to our cause! Our staff are fundamental to our ministry and play an integral role in leading people experiencing homelessness to wholeness.
4on-4off, Leon Ave shelter, all shifts – day, evening, night
Provides individual support for men experiencing homelessness and/or wanting to strengthen their skills by providing a positive, respectful, and safe environment. Staff will support each resident by encouraging healthy life skills and choices, so each resident can experience success in moving back into the community and out of the shelter systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Ability to problem solve
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with volunteers and provide direction
- High degree of comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment and record keeping
Conditions & Exposure to Hazards
- The incumbent’s work environment is typically in a shelter and/or in treatment facilities. The incumbent will work under the following disagreeable conditions: Dealing with angry people / Abusive people / Verbal abuse / Isolation / Work schedule affecting lifestyle
- The incumbent may be exposed to the risk of minor to moderate injury or illnesses due to: Physical attacks by others / Exposure to infectious diseases / Exposure to bodily fluids / Sharp objects / Other dangerous situations
Required Education & Experience
Specialized courses of up to six (6) months: Addiction Facility – Addictions Counselling Courses
More than three months but less than one year of prior related experience, including, experience with frontline work in a social services setting.
The incumbent must take the following precautionary measures (in addition to health and safety rules):
- Universal precautions
- Immunization for Hepatitis B
- Vaccination against Tuberculosis /COVID-19
- Current Certification in First Aid/CPR
- Criminal Police Investigation Check (CPIC)
- Non-violent crisis intervention training
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
How to Apply
Come join a great organization! We welcome your cover letter and résumé at email@example.com.