Thank you for your attentiveness to our cause! Our staff are fundamental to our ministry and play an integral role in leading people experiencing homelessness to wholeness.
Position Title: Resource Development Officer
Responsible to: Director of Resource Development
The Development Officer – Annual, Monthly and Planned Giving, is responsible for the implementation, development, and management of the Annual and Monthly donor portfolios.
With a focus on stewardship, cultivation, acquisition and sustainability of our Annual ($1- $1500) and Monthly donors. Additional roles will be overseeing all our Social Enterprises (Thrift Store and Food Truck) and Spear heading KGM’s Planned Giving program.
This position will work closely with our Principal Giving Officer to identify synergies and maximize opportunities to cultivate prospects to become major gift donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- At all times modelling our values of Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Grace-led, & Transformation.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with all clients, residents, volunteers, employees, and the general public, building bridges of friendship wherever possible fully observant of the Policy and Procedures of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission.
- Enhance the relationship between donors and KGM by communicating KGM’s heart and passion in seeing lives changed though the continuum of care provided.
- Produce, present, and implement short and long-term strategic plans to the Resource Development Director on Social Enterprise Programs.
- Produce, present, and implement short and long-term strategic plans to the Resource Development Director on Annual, Monthly and Planned Giving Programs.
- Oversee all KGM Social Enterprises.
- Produce Annual and Monthly Donor communication plan.
- Produce thank you calls and emails to Annual donors in a timely manner upon receiving the gift.
- Ensure relationship networks are maintained and organized.
- Work with the Gift Processing team to ensure correct coding is regularly maintained and donor changes are made in the donor database system.
- Ensure all new donors receive a welcome package.
- Work with the Principal Giving Officer to identify donors that could be upgraded to major giving levels.
- Cooperate at all times with all departments at Kelowna’s Gospel Mission.
- Communicate respectfully with everyone. Refrain from gossip, bullying, sexual harassment.
- Be aware of and stay updated with all Policies and Procedures of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission including Health & Safety, Violence, Bullying, Gossip, Sexual and Workplace Harassment.
- Co-workers – work as a team player, willing to help co-workers in every situation.
- Personality – reliable and committed, organized, self-motivated, flexible, able to multi-task, able to politely deal with stressful individuals, anticipating and recognizing ‘what needs to be done’ and making it happen.
- Work ethic – able to follow detailed instructions and a variety of assignments, able to self-manage as required demonstrating integrity and initiative.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- University Degree and/or 3 years of fundraising experience or in a related field. Business experience preferred.
- Consideration may be given to alternate combinations of lived experience and education.
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making ability.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential material and situations.
- Superior written and oral communication skills; fund-raising and analytical skills; ability to create strategic and measurable plans for annual donor program.
- Able to lead, manage and mentor a small team.
- Experience in event planning.
- Strong ability to multi-task and balance various projects at the same time .
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of constituents.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or a donor database is an asset.
- Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Has a Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
- Oversee special projects as necessary with the other resource development officers, and departments .
Supervision & Management – This position reports directly to the Director of Resource Development.
Relationships – The Resource Development Officer will have primary interaction with development, finance, and administrative staff. It is essential that good relationships are maintained with donors and that conflicts are resolved quickly in accordance with KGM’s standards and ethics and CCCC guidelines for fundraising practices.
Coordination – Changes to scheduled shifts must be approved by Director of Resource Development. Holiday and sick time requests are submitted via ADP and are approved by the Director of Resource Development. The Resource Development Officer will attend all development department planning and strategy meetings as required.
Financial Implications – n/a
Working Conditions – Work in a fast-paced multifaceted environment with regularly changing conditions. This position will be working in an office with many people. Office and related equipment (computer, phone, copier, etc.) provided. This is a full-time position with KGM benefits provided. Some evening work may be required during events or busy periods. Phone calls in the evenings may be required to maintain contact with donors.