Thank you for your attentiveness to our cause! Our staff are fundamental to our ministry, and play an integral role in leading the homeless to wholeness.
About Kelowna’s Gospel Mission
Demonstrating the love of Christ, Kelowna’s Gospel Mission feeds the hungry, shelters the homeless and helps the hurting. We provide assistance to all. We minister to the whole person, spirit, soul and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. We are all about leading people into wholeness through a faith-based continuum of care.
Our Thrift store is a key component of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission as it serves the community of Kelowna through providing needed physical and financial resources for the Mission and by being a ministry through volunteer opportunities.
The Thrift Store Sales Associate will assist in the responsibility to lead volunteers and staff to ensure the vision of the Kelowna’s Gospel Mission Thrift Store. This will entail sales of retail product, procurement and sorting of donations and the training and encouragement of volunteers. Excellence in customer service is a core value. This position is 27 hours (3 nine hour days) per week with opportunity to pick up further hours through covering vacation and sick leaves.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Demonstrate and possess strong leadership skills
- Ability to move awkwardly shaped items of all sorts of weights
- Experience and passion for training volunteers
- Experience in retail.
- Proficiency in Windows environment, including database and word processing applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and customer services aptitude.
- High degree of comfort in a fast-paced environment, coupled with excellent judgement and conflict resolution skills.
The applicant must be in support of the Mission, Vision, and Values of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (www.kelownagospelmission.ca).
How to Apply
Come join a great organization! We welcome your cover letter and résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org.