Resident Support Worker Team Lead
Kelowna Gospel Mission (KGM) is a faith-based non-profit organization that is committed to feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, and helping the hurting. KGM ministers to the whole person, spirit, soul, and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. Our services include outreach, case management, emergency shelters, dental clinic, thrift store, and supportive housing. To learn more, check out our website at www.kelownagospelmission.ca
The Resident Support Worker Team Lead will provide supervision, support, coaching, and guidance to the RSW team as well as ensure a safe and secure environment for residents, employees and visitors.
- Handles the admission, orientation and evaluation of residents’ understanding of rules
- Responsible for decision making in the absence of a site manager or supervisor
- Assists in training, work direction and providing guidance to the RSW team
- Maintains professional and confidential resident records, documents, daily records, and completes occurrence reports;
- Monitors and ensures the safety and comfort of residents. Facilitates conflict resolution between residents;
- Gather all equipment necessary and assist with meal services;
- Liaises with referral sources and other external agencies as needed;
- Coordinates resident care relating to security issues; may be directly involved in doing bed checks, room/personal searches;
- Providing a non-judgmental supportive environment to promote growth and empowerment;
- Performs other related tasks as required
- Diploma in a related social services field
- Specialized training and certification in mental health, addiction, counselling or trauma is an asset
- One (1) year of related experience
- Strong physical and mental ability to perform work task and operate job related equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Ability to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- This position is dependent on a Criminal Records Check (Vulnerable Sector).
- Bay Ave operates an Overdose Prevention Site with supervised consumption.
- Schedule is Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday from 11pm to 7:30am
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to shape a better tomorrow. KGM offers a competitive wage (starting $26.91 ph) and comprehensive health benefits. If you would like to assist in shaping a culture that exudes love to each and all seize this opportunity today and apply!
"*" indicates required fields