About Kelowna’s Gospel Mission
Demonstrating the love of Christ, Kelowna’s Gospel Mission feeds the hungry, shelters the homeless and helps the hurting. We provide assistance to all. We minister to the whole person, spirit, soul and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. We are all about leading people into wholeness through a faith-based continuum of care.
Our Security Guards are core to the ministry of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission as they work hands-on alongside of our other Frontline Staff and with our guests. The hours of this position are from 2:00 pm – 9:30 pm Saturdays and Sundays.
Working alongside of our frontline team, the primary purpose of this position is to provide a safe and secure environment for our staff and guests at Kelowna’s Gospel Mission. The Security Guard helps to keep order and identify those who need assistance in such areas as: Spiritual life, mental health; drug & alcohol addiction and emotional problems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
Valid BC Security Worker License
- Valid Occupational First Aid
- Compassion and outgoing
- Ability to work well with volunteers and provide direction
- High degree of comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent judgement and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer services aptitude
- Proficiency in Windows environment, including database and word processing applications.
The applicant must be in support of the Mission, Vision, and Values of Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (www.kelownagospelmission.ca).
How to Apply
Come join a great organization! We provide support for professional development and benefits. We welcome your cover letter and résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org.