Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (KGM) is a faith-based non-profit organization committed to feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, and helping the hurting. KGM ministers to the whole person, spirit, soul, and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. Our services include outreach, case management, emergency shelters, dental clinic, thrift store, and supportive housing. To learn more, check out our website at www.kelownagospelmission.ca
You are a compassionate dentist looking to give back to the community and make a lasting impact on patient’s lives. This role offers flexibility, permitting one 8 hour day of work per week. It provides a chance to practice dentistry without the usual pressures found in production-driven practices.
KGM Community Dental Clinic is a registered non-profit dental clinic in the downtown core of beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia just a short walk to the beach. Our clinic is bright, modern and fully equipped. We provide dental services such as diagnostics, preventative, restorative and hygiene to those patients facing a range of barriers to accessing dental care in private practice.
- Examine patients’ teeth, gums and surrounding tissue to diagnose disease, injury and decay and plan appropriate preventive or corrective treatment
- Provide general restorative dental care such filling cavities, and extractions
- Instruct patients on oral hygiene and preventive dental care
- Monitor patient progress to identify changes or the progression of dental disease
- Refer patients to dental specialists as needed for recommended procedures
- Keeps records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them;
- Model KGM values of Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Grace-led, & Transformation;
- Licensed and in good standing with the BC College of Oral Health Professionals and BC Dental Association
- Confident in all aspects of basic restorative care and oral surgery
- The ability to develop strong working relationships with employees, patients, volunteers and the local dental community;
- Exhibits cultural sensitivity and competence, and demonstrates ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines, while performing tasks efficiently both independently and as a part of a dynamic culturally diverse team;
- Must be goal-oriented and able to perform independently, displaying initiative, and a strong sense of commitment and trust.
- This position is dependent on providing your Criminal Records Check (Vulnerable Sector)
This is a great opportunity to make a significant difference in the Kelowna community; we are looking forward to hearing from you!
"*" indicates required fields