Resident Support Worker – Evenings – Bay Ave
Kelowna Gospel Mission (KGM) is a faith-based non-profit organization that is committed to feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, and helping the hurting. KGM ministers to the whole person, spirit, soul, and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. Our services include outreach, case management, emergency shelters, dental clinic, thrift store, and supportive housing. To learn more, check out our website at www.kelownagospelmission.ca
Our Resident Support Workers (RSW) are an integral member of KGM. This position will provide individual support for people who find themselves experiencing homelessness and want to strengthen their skills by providing a positive, respectful, and safe environment. Bay Ave operates an Overdose Prevention Site with supervised consumption.
- Handles the admission, orientation and evaluation of residents’ understanding of rules; ensures ongoing enforcement of policies;
- Recording information and maintenance of client files, daily log, and completes occurrence reports;
- Gather all equipment necessary and assist with meal services;
- Liaises with referral sources and other external agencies as needed;
- Coordinates resident care relating to security issues; may be directly involved in taking urine samples, doing bed checks, room/personal searches;
- Providing a non-judgmental supportive environment to promote growth and empowerment;
- Performs other related tasks as required
- Specialized training and certification in mental health, addiction, counselling or trauma is an asset
- Minimum of 3 months experience of a front-line worker with people with mental health challenges, addictions and trauma
- Completion of High School Diploma as a minimum
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to work well with volunteers and provide direction
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Ability to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- This position is dependent on a Criminal Records Check (Vulnerable Sector).
- The day shift is Tuesdays through Saturdays from 7am to 3:30pm – 40 hours per week
- The starting wage for this position is $23.26 per hour less applicable statutory deductions.
- Bay Ave operates an Overdose Prevention Site with supervised consumption.
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to shape a better tomorrow. KGM offers a competitive wages and comprehensive health benefits. If you would like to assist in shaping a culture that exudes love to each and all seize this opportunity today and apply!
"*" indicates required fields