Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (KGM) is a faith-based non-profit organization committed to feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, and helping the hurting. KGM ministers to the whole person, spirit, soul, and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. Our services include outreach, case management, emergency shelters, dental clinic, thrift store, and supportive housing. To learn more, check out our website at www.kelownagospelmission.ca
In this role, you will work alongside our People & Culture Manager to provide HR guidance to all departments. This is a fast-paced environment working that initiatives and processes are developed, implemented, and communicated in alignment with KGM policies.
We offer a flexible schedule of 32 hours per week to the successful candidate within normal days of work Monday to Friday.
- Prepares P&C forms and letters as it relates to the team member lifecycle (new hire, employment agreements, employment changes) in support of P&C Manager
- Supports the P&C Manager with administrative requests and activities
- Assist with updating and amending existing policies;
- Tracking and scheduling HR processes including employee anniversaries, probationary periods, reviews, milestones etc.;
- Supports the Manager in creating and implementing a yearly staff training plan for all divisional staff positions and identification of skills gaps.
- Coordinate, implement, and facilitate internal and external training programs that contribute to performance excellence and organizational development.
- Identifies training and development needs within the organization through, consultation and collaboration with internal and external resources.
- Model KGM values of Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Grace-led, & Transformation;
- Maintain an excellent relationship with all residents, volunteers, and employees by building bridges of friendship wherever possible while being observant of the Policy and Procedures of KGM;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Degree or diploma in human resources or a related discipline preferred.
- Two years of administrative experience, preferably in a human resources department
- Experience in general administration, reporting and document management, preferably within a Human Resources function
- Strong administration and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail and passion for delivering work to a high standard;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Exhibits cultural sensitivity and competence, and demonstrates ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines, while performing tasks efficiently both independently and as a part of a dynamic culturally diverse team;
- Must be goal-oriented and able to perform independently, displaying initiative, and a strong sense of commitment and trust;
- Knowledge of human resources best practices and employment-related legislation
This is a great opportunity to make a significant difference in the Kelowna community; we are looking forward to hearing from you!
"*" indicates required fields