4on-4off, Leon Ave shelter, evenings 2pm to 10pm
Provides individual support for men experiencing homelessness and/or wanting to strengthen their skills by providing a positive, respectful, and safe environment. Staff will support each resident by encouraging healthy life skills and choices, so each resident can experience success in moving back into the community and out of the shelter systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Ability to problem solve
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with volunteers and provide direction
- High degree of comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently
- Oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment and record keeping
- Conditions & Exposure to Hazards
- The incumbent’s work environment is typically in a shelter and/or in treatment facilities. The incumbent will work under the following disagreeable conditions: Dealing with angry people / Abusive people / Verbal abuse / Isolation / Work schedule affecting lifestyle
- The incumbent may be exposed to the risk of minor to moderate injury or illnesses due to: Physical attacks by others / Exposure to infectious diseases / Exposure to bodily fluids / Sharp objects / Other dangerous situations
Required Education & Experience
More than three months of prior related experience, including, experience with frontline work in a social service setting.
- Current Certification in First Aid/CPR
- Criminal Police Investigation Check (CPIC)
- Non-violent crisis intervention training
How to Apply Come join a great organization! We welcome your cover letter and résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"*" indicates required fields