Kelowna Gospel Mission (KGM) is a faith-based non-profit organization that is committed to feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, and helping the hurting. KGM ministers to the whole person, spirit, soul, and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. Our services include outreach, case management, emergency shelters, dental clinic, thrift store, and supportive housing. To learn more, check out our website at www.kelownagospelmission.ca
We are looking for enthusiastic, outgoing person to join our retail sales team! As a full time Sales Associate, you are to provide excellent service to guests, sort incoming product, receive donations and assist the Store Manager in the maintenance of all store operations. Our ideal candidate is a retail enthusiast who is service focused, can maintain composure, and has the ability to communicate and build relationships.
- Develops strong relationships with new and existing customers to build and maintain a strong client following
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all customer transactions including cash and debit sales
- Understanding the role of volunteers and being able to give support, instruction and direction including orientation of new volunteers, supervision, creating and managing volunteer schedules, continually building healthy positive relationships and strengthening morale.
- Maintains store presentation standards and shows initiative in keeping displays & inventory clean, attractive & organized
- Able to assist with moving and lifting furniture
- Create and maintain documents for store use and compile relevant data on customer experience and donations
- Helps foster an inclusive culture and positive store environment by treating all customers, volunteers and colleagues with respect.
- Model KGM values of Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Grace-led, & Transformation;
- Maintain an excellent relationship with all residents, volunteers, and employees by building bridges of friendship wherever possible while being observant of the Policy and Procedures of KGM;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A commitment to maintaining a safe and fun working environment
- Retail or customer service experience is an asset
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds regularly
- Must be able to lift and carry furniture
- Completion of High School Diploma as a minimum
- This position will require occasional availability for a variety of day, afternoon, and Saturday shifts
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- This is a great opportunity to make a significant difference in the Kelowna community; we are looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com